For Planning Purposes Only
January 14, 2019
Rep. Susie Lee, Sen. Durbin to Hold Press Conference After House Votes to Overturn DeVos Borrower Defense Rule
Washington, D.C. – On Thursday, Jan. 16 at 11:00 a.m. ET or immediately following House votes, U.S. Rep. Susie Lee (Nev.-03) and U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (Ill.) will host a press conference after the House of Representatives votes on her Congressional Review Act (CRA) Resolution, H.J.Res. 76, which would overturn the U.S. Department of Education’s (DOE) 2019 Borrower Defense rule that gutted essential protections for student borrowers and taxpayers. Sen. Durbin has led the effort in the Senate. Rep. Lee and Sen. Durbin will be joined by congressional colleagues; students impacted by the DeVos Borrower Defense Rule; and representatives from the American Federation of Teachers (AFT), The Institute for College Access and Success (TICAS), and Veterans Education Success.
Members of the press planning to attend, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rep. Susie Lee (Nev.-03)
- Sen. Dick Durbin (Ill.)
- Rep. Mark Takano (Calif.-41)
- Rep. David Trone (Md.-06)
- Rep. Jahana Hayes (Conn.-05)
- Rep. Lucy McBath (Ga.-06)
- Rep. Haley Stevens (Mich.-11)
- Rep. Pramila Jayapal (Wash.-07)
- Rep. Josh Harder (Calif.-10)
- Randi Weingarten, President of American Federation of Teachers (AFT)
- James Kvaal, President of The Institute for College Access & Success (TICAS)
- Tanya Ang, Vice President of Veterans Education Success (VES)
- Rep. Lee and Senator Durbin hold press conference after House vote on resolution to overturn Secretary Betsy DeVos’ 2019 Borrower Defense Rule.
- Thursday, Jan. 16, 2019, 11:00 a.m. ET, or immediately following House votes.
- United States Capitol Building
- Room HVC-210AB