An emerging area of our work is helping state policymakers better understand and address the need to improve college quality and accountability.
- Mike Saunders, VES Military and Consumer Policy Director | testimony
- Tyson Manker, VES Veterans Engagement Director | statement
- NYC Dept. of Consumer Affairs hearing | testimony
- Ramond Curtis, VES State Policy Manager | testimony
- Carrie Wofford, VES President | policymaker meetings
- Our coalition letter to California Dept. of Veterans Affairs: 19 Veterans and Military Organizations, along with two education organizations, write in support of proposed regulations by the California Department of Veterans Affairs to better protect the GI Bill and student veterans
Children’s Advocacy Institute: Failing U: Do State Laws Protect Our Veterans and Other Students From For-Profit Postsecondary Predators?
Proud of our State Policy Manager Ramond Curtis testifying here before the Maryland legislature to protect #student #veterans' hard-earned #GIBill! Alongside @cmadaio with Maryland Attorney General @BrianFrosh and @Bob_Shireman of @TCFdotorg and @mdconsumers #defendstudents pic.twitter.com/F2LakdrgmK
— Veterans Education Success (@GIBillRights) February 24, 2019
Great meetings with key California policymakers here in Sacramento CA on behalf of #student #Veterans. Huge thanks to @MyCalVet, CA Assembly Speaker, CA Assembly Vets Committee, #highered commissions, & California Attorney General! pic.twitter.com/cxwpwruHib
— Veterans Education Success (@GIBillRights) December 4, 2018
See how VES is working to advance higher education success, protecting the integrity and promise of the GI Bill.
Our Advocacy Letters
We collaborate with our veteran & military allies to maximize our collective advocacy impact. We frequently submit formal letters, with policy recommendations, to federal agencies and Congress.
We work with Congressional Committees and Members to introduce bills, hold hearings, and urge the executive branch to protect military-connected students.
Our Work with the Executive Branch
We work with federal agencies to ensure military-connected students’ hard-earned education benefits are successful and effective.