Director of Federal Policy
About the Position
Veterans Education Success seeks a Director of Federal Policy to execute the organization’s policy and advocacy efforts. The Director reports to the Vice President for Veterans & Military Policy and the Vice President for Higher Education Policy.
- Work with President and Vice Presidents to shape policy goals and priorities
- Represent organization as key point of contact across government agencies, Capitol Hill offices, and external partners, in tandem with the Vice Presidents
- Author and co-author policy papers, testimony, public comments, and other articles as needed
- Testify before various federal agencies and Congressional committees, as needed
- Track and summarize legislative and executive branch policy developments and join the team in brainstorming solutions
- Speak to the news media as needed
The Ideal Candidate Brings:
- Familiarity with Title IV and Title 38 policy
- Familiarity with the legislative process and regulatory rulemaking process
- Strong writing skills and public presentation skills
- Exhibits an entrepreneurial mindset, taking proactive initiative to troubleshoot and explore solutions, and is capable of managing workflow and deadlines independently
- A low-ego mentality, comfortable working in an egalitarian, team-driven work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
Generous salary and benefits. Affirmative Action. Veterans Preference. Flexible schedule and work location (primarily remote).
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to: [email protected].
Application deadline: November 1, 2023.