Director of Civic Engagement
Veterans Education Success is a non-profit policy, research, and advocacy organization that works on a bipartisan basis to advance higher education success for veterans, service members, and military families, and to protect the integrity and promise of the GI Bill® and other federal postsecondary education programs.
Veterans Education Success seeks a Director of Civic Engagement (a grassroots organizer) to lead the organization’s grassroots work to bring forward student veterans, servicemembers, and their families to share their stories with policymakers.
This position reports to our policy team.
- Motivate and mobilize defrauded veterans to speak out to federal policymakers
- Seek out opportunities to elevate veterans’ voices through testimony before federal policymakers, meetings, Hill Days, and events.
- Organize district meetings for defrauded veterans with Congressional Representatives in their home districts.
- This position involves nationwide travel.
The ideal candidate:
- Brings experience in grassroots organizing and/or mobilizing citizens to engage their government representatives.
- Is media savvy and policy savvy.
- Is both compassionate and outgoing in reaching the veterans we serve.
- Is a strong public speaker.
- Is a team player, comfortable working in an egalitarian, team-driven work environment.
- Is a self-starter, capable of managing workflow and deadlines independently, and able to produce quality work without supervision.
- Brings military experience and understands the experiences of the veterans we serve.
Salary commensurate with experience. Affirmative Action. Veterans Preference.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to: Will@VetsEdSuccess.Org.